“Breakfast like a King, lunch like a Prince and dine like a pauper”.
Not a breakfast person? We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day but have you ever thought why? Below we’ve shared just a handful of facts about how breakfast can benefit you and your family.
- Breakfast can help with weight control. There’s more chance that you will start reaching for high calorie snacks mid morning if you skip breakfast and even studies have found that obesity levels are higher in people who skip the first meal of the day.
- Breakfast restores glucose levels after an overnight fast which are essential for brain function.
- Breakfast improves mood and lowers stress levels.
- You will have more strength and endurance throughout the day.
- Cholesterol levels can be reduced from simply enjoying a morning meal.
- To receive the full benefits of your morning meal try and eat within two hours of waking
- Eating breakfast is important for everyone but it’s vital for children and teenagers for them to perform better in school and develop healthy relationships with food.
What should you have for breakfast?
When it comes to planning your breakfasts, try and stay away from high calorie and sugary foods and aim for whole grains and eggs. Eggs may not have always had the best reputation for being a healthy food but they actually contain some of the highest-quality protein.
If you struggle for time in a morning to sit down and enjoy breakfast don’t worry, there are plenty of nutritional foods you can grab on the go all it takes is a little preparation.