Gluten Free Vegetarian Goat Cheese Quiche (serves 6)
- 225g gluten-free flour, plus extra for rolling
- 1 Large Field Farm egg
- 100g butter
For the filling
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 100g watercress, roughly chopped
- 150ml log soft rindless goat's cheese, cut into chunks
- 2 Large Field Farm eggs
- 150ml milk
- Pour in the flour and add a pinch of salt into a large bowl. Rub in the butter gently until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs. Stir in most of the egg, and roughly 1 - 2 tbsp water to form a soft dough. Knead well, wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200c (gas mark 6). Knead pastry and roll out to line a 20cm loose-bottomed flan tin. Patch any holes with spare pastry, brush base and side with left over beaten egg.
- Fry onion in the oil until soft, add watercress and cook until the watercress begins to wilt. Beat eggs and milk, stir in the onion and watercress mixture, and don't forget to add in the goats cheese!
- Pop the tin onto a baking sheet. Bake the pastry blind for 5 minutes. Add the filling and bake for 15 minutes, reducing the heat to 180c (gas mark 4) and cooked for 25 - 30 minutes, or until lightly set.
- Serve and enjoy!