EGG ratatouille (serves 4)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 trimmed & sliced courgette
- 1 sliced red onion
- 2 deseeded & sliced mixed peppers
- 1 large trimmed & sliced aubergine
- 4 medium Field Farm eggs
- 1 x 400g tinned tomatoes
- 300ml water
You will need a large frying pan.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the courgette, peppers, aubergine and onion, and fry until golden and beginning to soften.
- Pour in the tinned tomatoes with the water a seasoning of your choice. Mixing well, bring to the boil, reduce to simmer for 15 minutes or until the sauce has slightly thickened and the vegetables are soft.
- Make four small spaces in the pan, crack in the eggs separately. Keep the heat on medium whilst all the eggs thoroughly, usually this takes around 5 - 7 minutes.
- Serve alongside crusty bread, we have a recipe for that too! - Check it out here
We love this recipe with a hint of smokiness - you can achieve this by adding paprika. Fancy a kick? Add chilli! Make this recipe your own and experiment with exciting flavours and spices.