spinach & Ham Quiche (serves 9)
- 250g sliced mushrooms
- diced onion
- 240g spinach
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 75ml milk
- 4 Field Farm eggs
- 200g grated cheddar cheese
- 90g ham, chopped
- 30g parmesan cheese
- Ready made shortcrust pastry
For the pastry
- Roll out the ready made pastry until 1cm thick and smooth over the base of the pie tin too remove any air bubbles. Gently ease pastry into the inside edge of the tin and against the sides. Trim any excess with a knife. Chill the for 30mins covered in cling film.
- Bake the pastry case blind: Heat the oven to 200c (gas mark 6). Line the pastry case with baking parchment and weigh down with baking beans or rice.
- Bake for 15 - 20 mins until the sides are crisp and set.
- Remove from oven and carefully lift out paper and beans/ rice and then return to the oven to bake for a further 5 mins.
For the filling
- Set the oven to 190c (Gas mark 5).
- Cook the mushrooms, onion and ham until the onions are tender.
- Add spinach to the pan and cook for one minute further, turning frequently.
- In a large bowl mix together the mayo, milk, eggs and cheddar cheese. Add the mixture into the pie and top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until set and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving!