Carrot cake (serves 8)
- 175g self-raising flour
- 175g light muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- 175ml sunflower oil
- 3 Large Field Farm eggs
- 3 medium carrots, grated
- 100g raisins
- grated zest of 1 orange
For the frosting
- 175g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 180c (gas mark 4).
- Oil and line the base of an 18cm cake tin with baking parchment.
- In a large mixing bowl add the sugar, oil and the eggs and lightly mix with a wooden spoon. Stir in the grated carrots, raisins and orange rind.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices and add to the mixture and stir until everything is evenly mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 40-45 minutes, until it feels firm and springy. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then remove and peel off the paper and cool on a wire rack.
- For the frosting beat together the ingredients until smooth and at the consistency of single cream.
- Now to decorate! Boldy drizzle the icing over the cake allowing it to drip down the sides.
- Once this has cooled you’re ready to serve your masterpiece!