- 675g of bread flour
- 55g caster sugar
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 pack of regular dry yeast
- 235ml cup of very warm water (120c - 130c)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large Field Farm egg
You will need a 9x5 inch loaf tin.
Plus cling film.
- Mix together 340g of the flour, the sugar, salt and yeast. Add the warm water and oil; beat with an electric mixer on a low speed for 2 minutes. Add the egg and continue to mix until smooth. Stir in remaining flour to make the dough easy to handle.
- Place your dough on a lightly floured surface, knead for roughly 10 minutes or until smooth and springy. Grease a large bowl; pop the dough in the bowl and grease with melted butter. Cover the bowl loosely with cling film and leave to rise for 1 hour, or until dough has doubled in size.
- Grease a 9x5 inch loaf tin. Gently push your fist into the dough to deflate; flatten dough into a 18x9 inch rectangle, roll up tightly, starting with the smaller side.
- Pinch the edge of dough to seal and fold the ends under. Then, place the loaf, seam side down, in pan and lightly spray with cooking spray and cover with cling film. Leave to rise for a second time until dough has doubled in size.
- Pop your bread dough into the centre of your oven and bake at 190c (gas mark 5) for 30-35 minutes or until your loaf is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped - don't tap too hard though!
- When ready, remove tin from the over and place onto a wire rack to cool.
- Serve your delicious fresh bread once cool, and let the scent fill your home!